Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Winter Break


Got a couple of emails from you readers about updates (or lack thereof) on the site in the past few weeks. You'd think we definitely would have had something up about the World Cup draw and our opinions on it (quickly surmising it; good draw for the U.S., tough draw for Mexico, and so-so draw for Honduras).

Unfortunately, Walsh and I have been so busy with our "real" jobs and personal lives that we just haven't been able to keep up. Sorry about that.

So, with the holidays coming up, and some other things going on, we've decided to take a hiatus from doing updates. Besides, most of the pro leagues are taking winter breaks, so this will be ours. We'll be back sometime in February, when MLS training camp starts, the EPL and Champions League will really get cranking, and we'll get an early start on the World Cup hype.

So, a couple of quick predictions, and I'll bid farewell:

1. NFL Postseason -

AFC - As much as I love 'em, the Colts aren't going to the big game. They have trouble putting opponents away, and when they play a REALLY good team, they'll be in trouble. That's why San Diego will emerge when all is said and done.

NFC - Could be really wild with New Orleans, Minnesota, and Philadelphia all playing great football right now. I can see any of those three getting to the finale, but when it comes down to it, I like Minnesota. They run, they stop the run, and as much as it kills me to admit it, Favre still has a little bit left in the tank.


Super Bowl - Minnesota will be the sentimental pick because of Favre (there are a lot more lovers than haters of this guy), and they should stuff LT. But that's okay; Philip Rivers will just heave the ball downfield and any one of the 10 WR's 6'5" or taller will come down with it. Should be a close and exciting game, but the Chargers get Norv Turner a SuperBowl ring. Which begs the question; is he the WORST coach to ever win a Super Bowl?


2. Landon Donovan - He'll go to Everton and be successful, finally, in Europe. He's got no wife or anything else to distract him, so he'll be able to completely focus on the task at hand. When he's focused, he's world-class. I think we'll finally see it out of him this time.


I'm sure there are few other things to touch on, but duty calls. Hope all of you have a safe, wonderful, and fun Holiday Season. Pat and I really enjoy doing this and hope you enjoy reading it.


We'll be back in about 6-8 weeks.

4 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://levyfyne.mindnmagick.com/awexem.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theblogmoney.com

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home